1. All information maintained by the StAAR Center is part of a student’s educational record and as such protected by the Federal Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA).
2. Students wishing to waive their FERPA rights and allow information in their educational record to be shared with someone other than themselves must fill out and sign a FERPA release.
3. Documentation pertaining to a student’s diagnosis (including, but not limited to, diagnostic evaluations, IEPs/504 plans, medical records, etc.) should only be submitted to the StAAR Center.
4. The StAAR Center office strongly advises students to keep a copy of their documentation.
5. Registration with the StAAR Center and/or the use of accommodations does not appear on student’s transcripts from the university.
6. Disclosure to the StAAR Center does not constitute disclosure to other offices, services, or professionals at Tufts University.
7. In order to use academic accommodations in a course, a student must disclose their accommodations approved by the StAAR Center to the Faculty member of record for that course.
8. Information is only shared with other professionals at Tufts University to facilitate the provision of accommodations when necessary and/or if questions arise.
9. Information pertaining to a student’s diagnosis will not be shared with other professionals at Tufts University without written consent from the student.
10. Students requesting release of information must fill out and sign a consent form.
11. When a student has graduated or is no longer a student at Tufts University, the student’s file is archived.
Please reach out to the StAAR Center at 617-627-4539 or StAARCenter@tufts.edu with any questions or concerns.